Job outlook Roofer, Shingles near Edmonton (AB)
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are limited near Edmonton (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be limited for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 950 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 40%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 6%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: