Job prospects Cabinetmaker in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cabinetmaker.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 600 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 57%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 26%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 69% of cabinetmakers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of cabinetmakers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: