Job prospects Inspector, Machining And Tooling in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an inspector, machining and tooling.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 950 people work in this occupation.
- Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 33%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 23%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 15%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 73% of machinists and machining and tooling inspectors work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 5% of machinists and machining and tooling inspectors are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Fair Fair|
|North Central Region||Fair Fair|
|North Region||Fair Fair|
|Parklands Region||Fair Fair|
|South Central Region||Fair Fair|
|Southeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: