Job outlook Inspector, Machining And Tooling near Hamilton (ON)
Job opportunities for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) are fair near Hamilton (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an inspector, machining and tooling.
Job opportunities near Hamilton (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula is home to one of the largest fastener producers in the province along with numerous machine shops that produce goods for a range of industries. This should help support employment opportunities over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 2,290 people work in this occupation.
- Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 41%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 15%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 13%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 5%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: