Job outlook Inspector, Machining And Tooling near Edmonton (AB)
Job opportunities for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) are fair near Edmonton (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an inspector, machining and tooling.
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 2,530 people work in this occupation.
- Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 40%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 8%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: