Job prospects Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Yukon
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are good in Yukon over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be good for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 39%
- Manufacturing (NAICS 31-33): 29%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 10%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 54% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: