Job prospects Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 2,650 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 66%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 61% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 39 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Limited Limited|
|Prince Albert Region||Limited Limited|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Limited Limited|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Fair Fair|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: