Job outlook Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Québec
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in Québec:
- Approximately 9,350 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 70%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 485-486, 487, 493): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 51% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 49% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 17% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: