Job prospects Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in Prince Edward Island over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Prince Edward Island
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Prince Edward Island for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Prince Edward Island region:
- Approximately 300 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 45%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 36%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 13%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 57% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 43% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 27 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 11% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: