Job outlook Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Northwest Territories
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in Northwest Territories over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Northwest Territories
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Northwest Territories for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Northwest Territories region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 39%
- Manufacturing (NAICS 31-33): 29%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 10%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 9%
- 16% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: