Job outlook Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Nova Scotia
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in Nova Scotia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in Nova Scotia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Nova Scotia region:
- Approximately 1,150 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 76%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 60% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 40% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 30 weeks for all occupations.
- 11% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 9% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Nova Scotia by economic region.
|Annapolis Valley Region||Fair|
|Cape Breton Region||Fair|
|North Shore Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: