Job outlook Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are good in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be good for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 1,100 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 67%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 9%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 55% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 45% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 8% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: