Job prospects Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 5,950 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 68%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 13%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 62% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews work all year, while 38% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 38 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 14% of contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Fair Fair|
|North Coast Region||Fair Fair|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: