Job prospects Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,400 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 73%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: