Job prospects Hairstylist Apprentice near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Hairstylists and barbers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a hairstylist apprentice.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Hairstylists and barbers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 8,170 people work in this occupation.
- Hairstylists and barbers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: