Job outlook Chef near Winnipeg (MB)
The job outlook for a chef working near Winnipeg (MB) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Chefs (NOC 6321).
Job opportunities near Winnipeg (MB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 1,570 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 70%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
Job opportunities in Manitoba
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Chefs (NOC 6321) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: