Job outlook Chef near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Chefs (NOC 6321) are good near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a chef.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 7,920 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 81%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Chefs (NOC 6321) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: