Job outlook Industrial Relations Economist near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts (NOC 4162) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an industrial relations economist.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts (NOC 4162) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Toronto economic region has a fair representation of economists and economic policy researchers and analysts. The financial services sector, which is also dominant in Toronto, also accounts for the leading share of employment of these professionals.
Employment prospects will also be supported by the presence of, the provincial government headquarters in downtown Toronto, several management and related consultancy firms, and the large business base generally.
Here are some key facts about Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 5,020 people work in this occupation.
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 58%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 11%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts (NOC 4162) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: