Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are good in Nunavut over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Nunavut for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Demand for this occupation is expected to grow given recent government investments into health care. The territory is working to meet the growing needs of the its young and aging population.
The Government of Nunavut has approved the construction of a 24-bed long-term elder care facility in Rankin Inlet. Construction work is anticipated to begin in the summer of 2020.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Nunavut region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62): 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 65% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 35% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 50% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates work all year, while 50% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 24 weeks compared to 24 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: