Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 4,750 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 46%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 27%
- Social assistance (NAICS 624): 13%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 61% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 26 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: