Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are good in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 6,350 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 68%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 21%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 75% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 25% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 64% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Good Good|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Good Good|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Good Good|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: