Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 17,250 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 52%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 29%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 12%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 63% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 37% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 57% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates work all year, while 43% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Good Good|
|Parklands Region||Good Good|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: