Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Port Hawkesbury (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Cape Breton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Cape Breton region:
- Approximately 1,680 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 79%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 8%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: