Job prospects Shipper-receiver near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Shippers and receivers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a shipper-receiver.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Shippers and receivers (NOC 1521) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Shippers and receivers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 26,000 people work in this occupation.
- Shippers and receivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 24%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 22%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: