Job prospects Customer Information Service Representative - Retail near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Other customer and information services representatives near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a customer information service representative - retail.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 37,300 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 18%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 10%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 10%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: