Job prospects Investment Manager - Financial Brokerage in Québec
Job opportunities for Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (NOC 0121) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an investment manager - financial brokerage.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (NOC 0121) in Québec for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers in Québec:
- Approximately 5,500 people work in this occupation.
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance, real estate and leasing (NAICS 52, 53):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 67% of insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers work all year, while 33% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 38 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 24% of insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Good Good|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Fair Fair|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Good Good|
|Mauricie Region||Good Good|
|Montréal Region||Good Good|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Good Good|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (NOC 0121) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: