Job outlook Purchasing Director near Vancouver (BC)
The job outlook for a purchasing director working near Vancouver (BC) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Purchasing managers (NOC 0113).
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Purchasing managers (NOC 0113) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing managers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,740 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Purchasing managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 7%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Purchasing managers (NOC 0113) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: