Job prospects Apartment Building Maintenance Worker near Saint-Jérôme (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents near Saint-Jérôme (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an apartment building maintenance worker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) in the Laurentides region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Several openings are available without any specific academic training, but a high school diploma may be required. However, training and experience in one or more of the following areas is required for some positions and may represent assets: heating, ventilation, lighting, alarm systems, carpentry, repair, plumbing and electricity. The vocational diploma most directly related to this profession is the general building maintenance diploma. Employers are looking for candidates who are physically fit, who are rigorous and consistent in their work, who are resourceful and self-reliant, and who have excellent organizational skills.
The level of employment of these workers mainly depends on the size of the building stock and the organization of work. In the medium term, the construction of new buildings and the increased complexity of certain jobs requiring staff that are more specialized should stimulate the creation of new positions in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents in the Laurentides region:
- Approximately 2,610 people work in this occupation.
- Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 20%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 14%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: