Job prospects Apartment Building Maintenance Worker near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an apartment building maintenance worker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The vast number of apartments, office buildings and other facilities requiring the services of janitors, caretakers and building superintendents will support job opportunities in this region.
Here are some key facts about Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 34,210 people work in this occupation.
- Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 21%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 19%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 16%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: