Job outlook Light Duty Cleaner near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The large and growing number of residential, retail and office spaces in Toronto will provide a significant amount of job opportunities on an ongoing basis. The region is also accounting for a leading share of the growth in the number of hotels within the province, and hotel occupancy rates tend to be much higher within the Greater Toronto Area, which supports favourable job prospects for light duty cleaners.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 36,660 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 54%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 13%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 9%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: