Job prospects Labourer - Food And Beverage Processing near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Labourers in food and beverage processing near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a labourer - food and beverage processing.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9617) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The region has large food and beverage processing firms, supporting job prospects for these labourers throughout the area. The region also has a higher share of workers in beverage processing likely because of a few sizeable manufacturers of alcoholic beverages. The region has also received major new investments that should support some job prospects over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 810 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 45%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 19%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: