Job outlook Insulation Packer - Rubber Products Manufacturing in Québec
Job opportunities for Labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing (NOC 9615) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an insulation packer - rubber products manufacturing.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing (NOC 9615) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing in Québec:
- Approximately 2,200 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 87%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 53% of labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of labourers in rubber and plastic products manufacturing are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: