Job prospects Conference And Meeting Planner in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a conference and meeting planner.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Conference and event planners in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 4,500 people work in this occupation.
- Conference and event planners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 18%
- Personal and laundry services (NAICS 812): 15%
- Religious, grant-making, civic, and professional and similar organizations (NAICS 813): 11%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 8%
- Universities (NAICS 6113): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 73% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 27% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 53% of conference and event planners work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 17% of conference and event planners are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Good Good|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Nechako Region||Good Good|
|North Coast Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Good Good|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: