Job prospects Conference And Meeting Planner near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Conference and event planners near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a conference and meeting planner.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Conference and event planners in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,460 people work in this occupation.
- Conference and event planners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 29%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 20%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 13%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: