Job outlook Conference And Meeting Planner near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a conference and meeting planner.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The largest portion of all conference and event planners in Ontario work in the Toronto economic region. Given the number of cultural and consumer events that take place in the city and the number of businesses and charities with national head offices in the Toronto economic region, opportunities for conference and event planners should remain favourable over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Conference and event planners in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,430 people work in this occupation.
- Conference and event planners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 29%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 20%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: