Job prospects Conference And Meeting Planner near Halifax (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Conference and event planners near Halifax (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a conference and meeting planner.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) in the Halifax region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Conference and event planners in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Conference and event planners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 23%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 20%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 16%
- Finance, insurance and real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: