Job prospects Placement Officer - Human Resources near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Human resources and recruitment officers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a placement officer - human resources.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Human resources and recruitment officers (NOC 1223) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
As the commercial and business hub of Canada, Toronto is home to a large number of medium and large sized businesses, which are likely employers of human resources and recruitment officers. The presence of a strong financial services sector, various manufacturing firms, key provincial government offices and large municipal departments will also bode well for potential opportunities in the field. Due to the international scope of many employers and the trend towards diversity, candidates who speak multiple languages may have increased employment prospects.
Here are some key facts about Human resources and recruitment officers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,890 people work in this occupation.
- Human resources and recruitment officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 45%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: