Job prospects Assistant Financial Analyst in Alberta
Job opportunities for Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an assistant financial analyst.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Financial and investment analysts in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 4,550 people work in this occupation.
- Financial and investment analysts mainly work in the following sectors:
- Monetary Authorities - central bank and securities, commodity contracts and other intermediation and related activities (NAICS 521, 522, 523): 38%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 10%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 73% of financial and investment analysts work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of financial and investment analysts are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: