Job prospects Accommodation Services Manager in Nova Scotia
Job opportunities for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) are fair in Nova Scotia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accommodation services manager.
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
The employment outlook will be fair for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) in Nova Scotia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation service managers in the Nova Scotia region:
- Approximately 1,600 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 80%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 51% of accommodation service managers work all year, while 49% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 26 weeks compared to 30 weeks for all occupations.
- 30% of accommodation service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 9% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Nova Scotia by economic region.
|Annapolis Valley Region||Fair Fair|
|Cape Breton Region||Fair Fair|
|Halifax Region||Fair Fair|
|North Shore Region||Fair Fair|
|Southern Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: