Job prospects Finance Director near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Financial managers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a finance director.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Financial managers (NOC 0111) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Toronto economic region is the corporate and economic hub for Canada, including for the financial services, and with a strong cluster of large accounting and related businesses. A fair number of job openings should also arise in areas such as food manufacturing and within wholesale distribution companies. The economic region accounts for an above-average share of financial managers in Ontario.
Here are some key facts about Financial managers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 17,500 people work in this occupation.
- Financial managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 39%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: