Job prospects Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This region is home to several of the larger meat processing facilities in the province. While some plants are located in urban areas such as Waterloo and Guelph, a fair number are in rural parts of the region. Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie accounts for an above average share of workers in this field, which could stem from its local agricultural base that includes several livestock farms. Expansion plans by some local meat processors should continue to support demand for these workers over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 1,270 people work in this occupation.
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 90%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: