Job outlook Fermentation Process Operator - Food And Beverage Processing in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (NOC 9461) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fermentation process operator - food and beverage processing.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9461) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 6,750 people work in this occupation.
- Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 72%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 87% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 13% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 60% of process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing work all year, while 40% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 9% of process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (NOC 9461) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: