Job prospects Fermentation Process Operator - Food And Beverage Processing in Alberta
Job opportunities for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (NOC 9461) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fermentation process operator - food and beverage processing.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9461) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 4,100 people work in this occupation.
- Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 74%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 65% of process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing work all year, while 35% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (NOC 9461) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: