Job prospects Fermentation Process Operator - Food And Beverage Processing near Sherbrooke (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing near Sherbrooke (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a fermentation process operator - food and beverage processing.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9461) in the Estrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing in the Estrie region:
- Approximately 440 people work in this occupation.
- Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 78%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: