Job prospects Transport Driver in Yukon
Job opportunities for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) are good in Yukon over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transport driver.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be good for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Demand for this occupation is expected to be strong over the forecast period. Growth is expected in many mining-related industries such as construction, trade, and transportation due to ongoing and upcoming major projects across the territory.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 600 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 32%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 20%
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 16%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 12%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 91% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 9% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 48% of transport truck drivers work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of transport truck drivers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: