Job outlook Transport Driver in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transport driver.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 7,650 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Truck transportation (NAICS 484): 56%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 54% of transport truck drivers work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 12% of transport truck drivers are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: