Job prospects Transport Driver in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transport driver.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 14,050 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Truck transportation (NAICS 484): 68%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 55% of transport truck drivers work all year, while 45% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 18% of transport truck drivers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Fair Fair|
|Parklands Region||Fair Fair|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: