Job outlook Transport Driver near Winnipeg (MB)
Job opportunities for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) are fair near Winnipeg (MB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transport driver.
Job opportunities near Winnipeg (MB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 6,580 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 77%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 6%
Job opportunities in Manitoba
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: