Job prospects Transport Driver near Fredericton (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Transport truck drivers near Fredericton (NB). These trends also apply to people working as a transport driver.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 1,140 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 60%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 20%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: