Job outlook Transport Driver near Calgary (AB)
Job opportunities for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) are good near Calgary (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transport driver.
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be good for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Transport truck drivers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 12,710 people work in this occupation.
- Transport truck drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 71%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: